March 1, 2011

Review: Sally Girl Baked Eyeshadows

The first time I ever walked into Sally Beauty Supply I was completely in Awe of all the Makeup, Nail ,and Hair supplies provided; I was like a kid in a candy store, figuratively and literally because I was 14. Even though 15, my age now isn't much different. ^^; 
Anyways back to what I was saying... I sorta went unprepared for everything so I didn't wanna buy anything too Pricey and it turn out horribly wrong. Then I noticed the cute display of Sally Girl Stuff for a dollar, and I bought these baked little cuties because they should out the most to me. 
AND since I've had these for a pretty long time (some longer then others),I think I can give a pretty good  review.
 

Colors shown: Shadow Rose, Gunmetal Grey , Dark Purple, Dark Aqua, Gold, Bronze, Silver, Pearl White

Now here's a better view of all of them:

 Honestly, Look at these. They're Adorable! :3

Now for the Swatches:
(ALL swatches applied Dry)

Now to the actual Review:

*PROs*
~They are very true to color.
~Pretty bendable.
~No fallout
~Decent pigmentation, People complain about swatches being more pigmented then if you put in on your eyes with a brush but why not just use your fingers? I find that's the best way to apply it dry.
~They all are shimmery ,but NOT overly shimmery. OR actually, Metallic is a better term.
~CHEAP: 99 cents Or 94 cents with a sally's card. 
~Product Amount:  Don't let the small packaging/dome product deceive you, I've had these for awhile, but I haven't made even the slightest dent in ANY of them.
*CONs*
 ~Now for the packaging. Although it is very cute, many people have breaking problems. I've went to a sally's where they were all broken in the display but that was a pretty crappy Sally's. At another that was cleaner, they were completely fine. Mine though have survived a couple of dramatic falls and with should breaking.

Color One By One:
(They are all metallic, as you can tell from the flash picture)
Gunmetal Grey: Its just that, A gunmetal grey. The least metallic. I personally don't really think its that great, since it doesn't exact show up on the eyes extremely well and give that "wow" factor, so I've been neglecting it. (skipable)
Silver:  Its a bit of a darker silver. On the Opaque side.
Gold: Definitely a must have. Although it isn't the most opaque, its a beautiful gold; much like the color of 14 kt. gold, but shimmery. Sadly due to my crappy Camera, and my yellow tan undertone the Gold swatch is a bit washed out, so it is actually more pigmented then what is shown.
Pearl White: The worst. The Least pigmented, most fallout, and chalkiest of the bunch :T (SKIPABLE)
Bronze: My personal 2nd favorite. Absolute gorgeous dark bronze color.
Shadow Rose: It's a pink with a golden sheen. Odd thing is that Mine is a very soft and smooth texture in the pan, different from the others actually, but it probably is just mine. You think this would be the one named "Pink" in the collection but Nope, the pink one look more like a lilac color. 
Dark Aqua: I Agree with its name. Very Bright and "Wow" factorish.
Dark Purple: My Favorite. A Very Bright True Purple.

Overall:
4 Out Of 5 Stars
Buy Again? I would for sure. I mean for a dollar or technically less, they're a total steal, without breaking the bank.


No comments:

Post a Comment