March 4, 2011

Review: China Glaze's Crackle Nail Polish in "Black Mesh"

 Here's my 2 cents about one of the recently most Raved and wanted nail polishes on the market. Everyone and their grandmother have been raving about these. And Yes, I'm talking about the Shatter Nail Polishes.

I was so freaking ecstatic when I found this at my Sally's Beauty Supply on the 26th, since I never found OPI's Black Shatter. Then I died a little on the inside when I noticed the whole display was basically sold out, so I was all panicked and asked the sales clerk if They had more. Thankfully, there were still black meshes in the Back. (SO don't be afraid to ask if there more). Apparently I came right on time, since the sales person was saying how they just put them out the day before and sold 8 of them and mind you, I was there at 11 Am. XD

My Nails of the Week:
 OPI's Conquistadorable and ChinaGlaze's Black Mesh

Without Flash:

With Flash:
 
I really love the idea of these, very cool and entertaining. Probably the most fun I had painting my nails ever.
And to clear things up, China Glaze wasn't first to think of this, neither was OPI or Barry M. It was actually in fact Covergirl, who in the 90's came out with a variety of them, but discontinued them long ago too.


These Crackle Polishes $6.49, but a Sally's Card it's $4.99.
China Glaze has come out with 6 shades: Black Mesh, Heartbroken, Lightning, Concrete, Crushed Candy, and Fault Line.

The first time I tried it I sorta failed because I was too slow with it and used too thin of a coats. So I suggest getting a good amount on your brush and working fast. It also gives you a texture on your nails, meaning that it isn't smooth. It Dries Pretty Fast. It also dries matte or semi-matte. So use a top coat if you want it shiny(Obviously).

I honestly can't tell you how long they hold up considering I'm wearing a top coat and another nail polish under, but if you still wanna know, its been 7 days and there still going strong with minimal chipping. which is amazing considering I'm in a ceramics class so my nails go through a lot of abuse during the week days.


The ONLY Problem I found...
~ Is that it does sorta Goop up on the brush shaft a bit.

Overall:
5 Out of 5 Stars.
I completely recommend you to go for these. They're amazingly cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment