April 30, 2011

Review: N.Y.C. City Duet in "Upper Zest Side"

You have NO Idea how Excited I was when I finally found Upper Zest Side at my Local Sears' new cosmetic section. I've wanted this for ages, so I could FINALLY complete my rainbow look that I've wanted to do for years, but I could never find this in my local drugstores. They seemed to have every city duet Available, but this. Probably because this  wouldn't sell much since it's too "Out there" for most people.


Retail Price: $3-4
Amount: 1.9 g/ 0.07 oz
Available Colors: Upper Zest side, Island Sunset, Bowling Green, Yankee Blues, NYC Times
What is it? Eyeshadow Duo


Texture: They have two different textures. The Yellow for instance is soft, but NOT so soft that there will be fallout. The orange feels hard and slightly gritty in the pan, BUT It doesn't feel that way applying it at all.  The application of these were also very nice, no fallout or chalkyness.

Applicator: It comes with a very small double sided sponge-tip applicator. I would typically trash them (as do most people), but I think these would make a pretty good smudger, since it's smaller and more rubbery compared to other sponge tips. So I'm going to let it stick around.

Packaging: It's made out of lightweight plastic. Not too flimsy, but not exactly sturdy. It also wouldn't be hard to store because its flat and rectangular.

Swatched once

Pigmentation: As you can see these don't have the greatest pigmentation, but they are build-able and you can easily make them pigmented by using a primer or base. Although it isn't that pigmented, I still love it considering from my experience drugstore yellow and orange eyeshadow are NEVER pigmented.

Color One by One:
Yellow(Lid): Matte Standard Yellow. Soooo hard to find a yellow eyeshadow that doesn't veer off to gold.
Orange(Crease): Matte Standard Orange.

Side note: Does anyone else think that the Standard Colors are hard to find? Ironic huh?

Overall: 
4 of 5
Minus one for pigmentation, but I would definitely buy more City Duets when I get the chance. I'm just sooo happy I got to complete my rainbow look right in time for Day of Silence.


  

At first I thought that I'd never even think about wearing Upper Zest Side like this in public because the color combination doesn't seem appealing, but the more I look at it the more I'm liking it, so I may.  Plus I mean if I've wore rainbow eyeshadow out I should have no problem wearing this, right?

1 comment:

  1. Great Post! Thank you for the Happy Birthday Wishes, and Happy Birthday to you, too!

    ReplyDelete