April 24, 2011

Review: Maybelline Waterproof Ultra Liner

This Product sure brings back memories. This was the second Makeup item I've EVER bought in my life. Impressive thing is that I still use it to this day, about 5 years later(Not the same one of coarse XD). This is my second purchase of Maybelline's Ultra Liner.


Claims~: 

"Why You'll Love It

• Waterproof liquid liner delivers all-day wear
• No skipping, no smearing
• Precision brush for perfect application
• Safe for sensitive and
ophthalmologist-tested
• Contact lens safe"

Retail Price: $4-7
Amount: 0.25 fl. oz/ 7.3 mL
Available Colors: Black & Dark Brown
What is it? Liquid Eyeliner


Close up of the applicator.

The Type of Applicator: It comes with is a thin brush that really isn't Ideal for beginners, but with practice it'll get easier. Despite many people hating this applicator, for some reason I prefer this over felt tips and was pretty good at applying it to my eye when I was a makeup Newbie. 


Intense Rubbing Test: As you can see from the before and after, virtually nothing happened. No fading or smudging. No matter how hard I tried to, this sucker wouldn't come off. 

Color: As Black as you could possibly have. Be warned all you matte lovers, this does dry into a glossy or satiny finish.

Staying power: Absolutely AMAZING and when they say Water-proof, they MEAN Water-proof. I've went to beaches, pools and even water parks and this stuff did not Budge. This would be great to have if your on a swim team, in sports or have a gym class in general. The only bad thing about the this is that it won't stay on the waterline. I solve this problem by applying a pencil liner on the water line before applying this and it usually stays on all day, even if the pencil liner is crappy because the the ultra liner will act as a barrier from smudging and bleeding of the pencil liner.

Consistency: Obviously liquidly, as should all liquid liners be. It drys pretty fast and into a plastic-y like state, which is why it probably water-proof. Although because its plastic-y it will start flaking after 8 hours, but not exactly flaking off, unless you rub your eyes.
~Tip: Since its plasticy it maybe a bit difficult to take off, so I suggest soaking a cotton pad or something in makeup remover or just plain water and holding it onto your eye for a minute to soften it up

Product Amount: My first one lasted me for a little over a year and a half with consistent every day use! So I think it a fantastic price for the amount you pay for.

And here it is, all by its lonesome.

Overall: 
3 out of 5
Minus two because of the flaky-ness and the tough application, but this will forever hold a spot in my Makeup collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment