April 12, 2011

Review: Wet n' Wild Coloricon Singles


I'm seriously in love with these Wet n' Wild singles. I've had them for a Pretty long time now(at least Brulee and Nutty), for approximately a year. I've pretty much  used the heck out of these, so I do think these deserve a long awaited review.

 As you can see, you can hardly see the swirly design in Brulee anymore. Plus *gasp* did I hit pan or no?

The Swatches:



Retail Price: $2
Amount: 0.06 oz/ 1.7 g
Available Colors: Brulee, Nutty, Envy, Lagoon, Kitten, Penny, Sugar
What is it? Pressed Eyeshadow

*PROS*
~Pigmented and soft, the swatches above was just ONE swipe of each.
~Price: Come on... $2 for that quality <3
~Amount: Good size considering Mac and UD singles are 0.05 oz. whereas these are 0.06 oz.
~Not Chalky
~Smooth, they really do go on like Butter.
~Packaging: Practical. I love how they aren't chunky/ bulky with useless packaging/applicators. Plus they're easy peasy to store.

*CONS*
~Packaging: Not the Cutest. Not the sturdiest. Plus it's inconsistent, some close easier or harder to close/open then others. (Brulee sorta broke a little because of this, but I fixed it after)
~Available colors: There only 7. Well this isn't a con exactly, but I just wish they made more colors. D:

Color One By One:
Brulee: It's a Matte Beige/nude(the only matte of the singles) that is pretty powdery, goes on pigmented, but blends out to become a little sheerer. I use this basically everyday as a highlight color, transition from crease to brow bone, or a wash over the lid to brighten my eyes a bit.
Nutty: Its a Shimmery Taupe (MAC Satin Taupe Dupe), although from a couple of swatches comparisons it looks a tiny bit redder then a "true" taupe, but its hardly noticeable, if at all noticeable. This is my go to color to slap on if I'm in a rush.
Envy: It's a Shimmery Forest Green (MAC Humid dupe). I like using this as a pop of color into my crease with a brown color in the outer V.

Overall:
5 out of 5
Come on for the price, pigmentation, amount and texture, what do you have to lose? You NEED these shadows(brulee especially). I Love everything about these, just wish they made more colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment