May 15, 2011

Review: E.L.F. Studio Bronzer in "Golden"


Retail Price: $3
Amount: .4 oz / 12.3 g
Available Colors: Golden, Warm, Cool
What is it? Pressed Mosaic Bronzer

Buying this I knew full well that Elf's Golden Bronzer would be WAY to light for my skin tone as a bronzer, but I thought it'd probably work as a highlighter.

Packaging: Lemme get this outta the way... As we all know E.L.F.'s Studio line is totally riped off from Nars. Not that I'm complaining, I love it. The only difference from the Logos is that the these don't have that rubberized feel of Nars packaging, of which I heard was incredibly annoying since powder and other stuff would stick to it. So Thumbs up for E.L.F. Another things I'm loving about the packaging is that its pretty thin for easy storage(although its pretty big width wise) and that it has a huge mirror(as you can see above), despite the fact I don't use it. ^^;


Swatched in Corresponding order as it appears in packaging.

Elf's Golden Bronzer swatched all swirled together.

Texture: It was a bit chalky when swatched, But it blends out nicely.

Pigmentation/Color: This has good pigmentation. Its not Matte so go for the Cool bronzer if your looking for a matte one, but I'm not implying that this willl turn you into a glitter bomb because it won't. It just gives you a nice health glowing sheen. Since its a Mosiac you could also double it up as eye shadow, so yay for the multipurpose-ness.

Purpose: As a bronzer it's definitely a fail, it would probably be too light to server as a bronzer for even the fairest of fair skintones. Although, it does make a great highlighter.

Here is the effect this had on my skin:
Golden Bronzer applied on bridge of nose, cupid's bow and top of cheek bones.
 Up Close and Personal~ ;P



Overall:
3.5 of 5
Buy again? I think this is a great product, but I personally wouldn't run out to get this again if I ever run out, which I doubt, since its a lot of product anyway.
Would I recommend it? Sure, good for this up coming summer and is only 3 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment