October 17, 2014

Ipsy: 2014 June Bag

Here is the June 2014 Ipsy Bag:


Laneige BB Cushion: 
It comes with a sample of the BB Cushion SPF50+ Broad Specrum Sunscreen and 3 shades of the BB Cushion in Light, Medium, and Dark. The concept of this is interesting, it is more of less a product-soaked sponge. The sponge is a "Patented Antimicrobial Puff" that dispenses the perfect amount of product. Not sure if this type of product is my thing, but I'll use it on my lazy day less coverage days.

Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray: 
Possibly the most use product in this for me personally. I have stick straight hair and this doesn't work for those who don't have some type of natural wave to there hair. So I suppose I can use this as a back up hair spray, but it does make your hair a bit crunchy

NYX Butter Gloss in "BLG08 Apple Strudel":
I was really excited to get to receive this. I've seen rave reviews on it all over the internet when it came out. Apple Strudel wouldn't have been my first choice in color, but it's a pretty shade in the tube. The problem it is that is too sheer for my liking and it's a thicker gloss with a sight stickiness. It is good at lasting for a bit, but that slight stickiness would bother me to no end.

Nicka K New York  Shimmer Eyeliner in "Green":
I looked forward to try this, it reminds me of my days of crazy colored liners. Nicka K isn't really that nice of a brand though. It's the type of brand that I only see a cheap local dollar accessory stores. To my surprise, I like it. It's a bright teal green and the applicator brush is thin. It is a very runny inner so it takes a second to dry. Stays put nicely, but it does STAIN. Be warned.

MDSolarSciences Mineral Tinted Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 30 UVA-UVB Sunscreen:
This was a great little sample for the summer. I loved it. Unlike any other facial sunscreen I tried, it went on smoothly like a primer and because of the tinted quality, no weird white cast. It does separate a little in the tube so remember to shake it up. 

Ipsy Bag:
For June, we received a cute tropical print bag by Rebecca Minkoff. It seems pretty well made and the print is nice and vibrant.

Overall:
3 out of 5
I didn't need the Marc Anthony Dream Waves Spray and not a fan of the Nyx Butter Gloss. The samples of the Laniege BB cushions and the Nicka K liner were alright. My favorite was the MDSoarSciences sunscreen, surprisingly. I'm actually considering to purchase the full size. 

No comments:

Post a Comment