December 29, 2011

Review Wet n Wild Coloricon palette in Comfort Zone


So since the review I wrote for the I Heart Matte a few days ago I started thinking that maybe I should write a review for the other Wet n' Wild palettes I've have gathered over the last couple years too so expect a slew of Wet n' Wild reviews coming up. To start, I give you a review about Wet n' Wild's Comfort Zone palette~




Retail Price: $4.99
Amount: 0.3 oz/ 8.5
Available Colors: Comfort Zone, Petal Pusher, Blue Had Me At Hello, I Heart Matte
What is it? 8-pan Eyeshadow Palette
Where to get it? Walgreens, Walmart, CVS(some), an possibly other local grocery/drugstores in the US.
Claim: 
 "A stunning collection of 8 silky, ultra-pigmented day-to-night colors. Mix-and-match for a variety of looks from sweet to wild!
      - All-day, crease-resistant color"


Packaging: Like other Coloricon line packaging, it's a flip open plastic case with a clear top and black bottom. Not exactly sturdy, but does the job. It also does not include a mirror, which personally I don't mind. On the back it has a chart that suggests where to place the eye shadows with different combinations and looks. The eyeshadows themselves are imprinted with either: Browbone, Eyelid, Crease, or Definer.

Pigmentation: The most pigmented out of the other 8-pans like this. All of these shades are pigmented. One shade in particular in this palette I might even consider too pigmented and that would be the left definer.

Texture/Finish: I'd say you'd only have to watch out for fallout and powdery-ness with only two of the shades. I'd like to add that someone should not swirl their brush because you will grab WAY to much eyeshadow and powder will go everywhere. The eyeshadows in this palette contain a shimmery, pearly, or duocrome finish. There is not a single matte in this palette.

Longevity: These last about the same as other good quality shadows on my semi oily lids. With a good primer or base I don't see these creasing that often.




Swatches:

Left Browbone: Chunky shimmery yellow creme. Definitely watch out with the glittery fallout with this one.

Left Eyelid: Pearly warm tone pink with golden sheen. My favorite color in this entire palette(if you can't tell by the dent in the 1st picture). So smooth and creamy.

Left Crease: Pearly bronzy brown.


Left Definer: Very dark brown with copper shimmers throughout. All you need is a feather light touch and you'd probably still have enough for other person. Honestly when I use this color I can really see any of the copper shimmer. Also because of the softness and pigmentation of this you should watch of fallout with this shade.

Right Browbone: Pearly dirty golden champagne. I think it'd look like a odd browbone color, but as a eyelid color it looks very pretty.

Right Eyelid: Shimmery leafy green with splash of gold.

Right Crease: Very dark olive green with gold shimmers throughout.

Right Definer: Reddish brown base with a forest green duocrome. Probably the shadow that many people wanted this palette for. I don't think it really looks too appealing as a definer color but as a eyelid or layering color it's gorgeous.

What I came up with:


Super shimmery subtle pinky golden bronze smoky eye using the left side of the palette. All Shadows were used as labeled. Oddly the eyelid color kept registering as a gold in the camera. 






Using the first 3 shades from the right side of the palette(not the definer color).  I used the Eyelid and crease as suggested but I used the Browbone in the inner corner. 




Now to showcase the Duochrome definer.  I put it across my entire eyelid. I then added a bit of the right crease color to deepen the outer corner a little more.

Overall:
4.5 out of 5
I like this palette. Not so much the Left Browbone, but I quite like the rest of the colors. As the name suggests, this palette would probably fit most people's comfort zone while giving one the option to add a bit of color with the green shades. One would also easily go from a day look to a dramatic smoky night look.
Would I recommend? Yes, if you miss out on the Night Elf palette from the 2010 Christmas collection or are new to Wet n' Wild eyeshadows. Although, if you have all the palettes: Night Elf, I'm Getting Sunburned, Walking on Eggshells and/or Sweet as Candy, I'd pass. Of course unless you want those 2 greens in the palettes.

1 comment: