December 23, 2011

Review: Wet n' Wild Coloricon palette in I Heart Matte

Retail Price: $4.99
Amount: 0.3 oz/ 8.5 g
Available Colors: Comfort Zone, Petal Pusher, Blue Had Me At Hello, I Heart Matte
What is it? All Matte 8-pan Eyeshadow Palette; I believe and/or like to believe that this palette isn't Limited Edition, but I could be wrong.
Where to get it? Walgreens; it should be in a end cap wall display along with the holiday baked palettes
Claim: 
 "A stunning collection of 8 silky, ultra-pigmented day-to-night colors. Mix-and-match for a variety of looks from sweet to wild!
      - All-day, crease-resistant color"

Packaging: Just like the other 8-pan palettes, it's a flip-open-from-the-bottom plastic case with a clear top and black base. Not exactly sturdy, but does the job. It also does not include a mirror, which personally I don't mind. On the back it has a chart that suggests where to place the eye shadows with different combinations and looks. The eyeshadows themselves are imprinted with either: Browbone, Eyelid, Crease, or Definer.

Pigmentation: The majority of the colors are VERY pigmented. All you need is a dab and your covered. Although there are only two to three shades where I had to layer a bit to get a completely opaque color.

Texture/Finish: Generally they're a bit powdery, especially the Green Eyelid shade. You may experience a bit of fall out but not much at all if you tap off a little before applying.They are ALL matte, hence the name. If you stare harder at the Purple definer shade you may see a bit of sparkle, but rest assured it comes off completely matte.

Longevity: Although I do have semi oily eyelids, I never wear eyeshadow with out some something moist on my lids for eyeshadow to stick to whether it be a base, primer or light moisturizer. That being said, these do actually say crease-less longer then some of my other eyeshadows, probably because they are a bit powdery.

Colors/Swatches:

Left/Colorful side-

Browbone- A stark white. One of the shades I mentioned that I had to build a little to get the desired pigmentation. Overall quite good, since its pretty hard to find a opaque white.

Eyelid- Plain kelly green. As mentioned before it's the most powdery shade out of the bunch, so definitely watch out for fallout.

Crease- Between an electric and sky blue.

Definer- Neutral purple, that doesn't lean blue or red. Also one of the shades that needs a little layering.


Right/Neutrals side-


Browbone- Creme color. Some would say that it's the same as the single in Brulee. Color-wise, yes it is, but pigmentation-wise, I find the cremes in Wet n' Wild palettes are more pigmented. It's also very soft/powdery, but I'm less consider with any fallout with this because it's a light/skin tone color.

Eyelid- An orangy tan. Again, one of the shades that need a bit of work. Sadly it is close to my skin tone color so it wouldn't show up much on my eyelids.

Crease- Dark and sightly red-toned brown. Same as the matte dark brown in the Vanity 6-pan palette, but softer.

Definer- Standard black. If your looking for a nicely pigmented black I suggest getting this palette or Blue had me at Hello.

What I came up with:

 This is using the Left side of the I Heart Matte palette plus the Right's browbone color plus double winged eyeliner for added drama.

White Browbone: Inner corner
Green Eyelid: Central of my eyelid
Blue Crease: Outer corner
Purple definer: In my crease
Creme Browbone: On my brow bone and blended heavily with the purple in my crease.

 This is using the right Neutral side of the palette. I used all the colors where it is suggested this time for a soft smokey wearable eye look.

Tan Eyelid: On my eyelid.
Brown Crease: In Crease
Creme Browbone: On browbone blended into the brown
Black definer: In my outer corner

Overall: 
5 out of 5
It's great to have all the basic matte shades in one palette. I don't like using one finish for an eye look, but the purpose of this palette is to be all matte after all.
Would I Recommend it? Completely~

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These colors are gorgeous! I heard good things about Wet n' Wild!

    ReplyDelete