July 13, 2011

NOTM: ChG Tempest plus Konad Dupe

Eh... I haven't been posting any reviews at all because I've just really chilled at home the entire summer plus my face has been getting randomly inflamed for no apparent reason soooo I'll probably just be uploading hauls and NOTWs(Nails of the Moment) the rest of it till school starts and I start getting into wearing makeup again. ^^;



 Yep, my nails are nubbies at the moment. They were in horrible condition for half the year because of my Ceramics class so I decided that I need to start fresh. Also, please excuse the chipping (this picture was taken a week into doing my nails) and my really dry finger tips.

What I Used:

~Essie - Fill the Gap, base coat: AMAZING... Definitely the best base coat I've ever used so far. It really does give you a nice even surface to paint your nails. It's also my cheapest one, on sale for $2 at a hair salon in my mall.

~China Glaze - Tempest: Blurple color, or more specifically a purple base with a really strong blue shimmer. Took 3 coats to make it opaque though. :T

~Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear in White On: Absolutely horrible white nail polish if your trying to coat your nails because its extremely goopy and thick, but great for nail stamping because of that reason.

~Seche Vite - Top Coat: Yes the oh so famous topcoat, but I honestly do believe it deserves the praise that it gets, it's fast drying, shiny and protective. Surprisingly it's not getting thick and goopy like everyone says and I'm about half way finished with it...

~Kand Nail Stamping set: Cheapy Konad dupe~ I don't own any Konad so I can't compare, but I think it would work just as good as the Konad one. Its just that the plastic scraper that comes with this cheapy set sucks, so I use a Razor blade to scrape it off.

1 comment: