December 8, 2012

Review: Maybelline Eyestudio Quad in Copper Chic


Maybelline has been stepping up their game for awhile now. These eye shadows are phenomenal,  I'm shocked I haven't given in to buying these sooner. Out of the palettes available at the time, I really gravitated toward Copper Chic because of the warm rosy pink, since I've been on the hunt for a nice pink for awhile.

(Natural Lighting)

(Direct sunlight)

Product Range Name: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Plush Silk eye shadows

Retail Price: $7-$10
Amount: 0.09 oz/2.5 g
Available Color(s): 15 permanent, but unknown(to me at least) amount of Limited Editions
What is it? 4-pan eye shadow palette/quad
Where to get it? Anywhere Maybelline products are sold.

The eye shadow quality of these four shades are consistently the same. One doesn't perform better than another, which I found was quite rare in drugstore shadows. Let me tell you, these are so gorgeously good too. 


All four shades have a metallic finish. The only downfall to this quad is the fact that there isn't any  variation of finishes. I have to admit that Maybelline has perfected the formula of shimmery shadows. 


It comes with a high reflectivemetalic off-white, rosy pink, bronze, and a dark brown. They don't seem to be powdery at all. To top it off they are very pigmented too. 

'Copper Chic', the name of the quad sort of threw me a bit because none of these shades are copper. Once worn it actually looks quite coppery when the shades are all put together.



(Natural lighting)


(Flash)

Overall:
10 out of 10
Copper Chic has been my go to 4 out to 7 times a week for the past month. I have to say at this point its close to becoming my top favorite drugstore quad. Wet n' Wild, watch out! (Even though the Eyestudio came out way before the Coloricon.) I've been reaching for this so often that I feel a bit guilty for ignoring my more expensive eye shadows too. Despite my feelings, I MUST get more.

No comments:

Post a Comment