December 13, 2012

Review: LE Maybelline Eyestudio Quad in "Cozy Cashmere"

Maybelline's shimmer eye shadows are really good, as I stated in my last post, but how would their mattes perform? My answer: pretty darn good. I believe "Cozy Cashmere" is the only Maybelline Eyestudio quad to contain mattes. Although I could be wrong because I haven't look into them until the pass month or two.


(Natural Lighting)

 (Flash)


Product Range Name: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Plush Silk eye shadows
Shade Name: Cozy Cashmere

Retail Price: $7-$10
Amount: 0.09 oz/2.5 g
Available Color(s): Fall 2012 Limited edition collection and was released with Olive Martini, Smokey Cinnimon, and Sea Sprite 
What is it? 4-pan eye shadow palette/quad
Where to get it? This is Limited edition so you may still find it at Walgreens or where ever this collection appeared.

Unlike my last review on Copper Chic, this has a variation of finishes. These are still very pigmented, silky smooth, and not powdery. 

This quad contains a:
Metallic Nude - The shimmers in this one are larger and shinier than that of the nude shade from the copper chic palette.
Satin Dark Brown with scattered Gold Shimmers -  The impressive thing about this is that you actually can see the gold shimmers post application. I find with this type of scattered shimmer eye shadow, they usually end up being a solid color and the shimmers just never appear or fall out onto my cheeks. I'm impressed, although it doesn't mean that there isn't any glitter fallout from this. It's just not as much.
Matte Burnt Orange - Quite silky smooth in texture. I'm loving this shade as of late. It really warms up any look when applied to the crease.
Matte Mauve-y Brown - Also quite silky smooth. This gives a nice change from your average brown crease eye shadow.


(Natural Lighting)

(Flash)


Overall:
9 out of 10
Deduction of one point for the fallout from the dark brown with golden shimmers. Other than that I think this is a lovely quad. Your able to able to a full look from it, from a warm day look to a warm smokey brown look. This palette range are really becoming nice go to's for me as of late. I really encourage the thought of Maybelline releasing more matte shades in the eye studio formula. 

No comments:

Post a Comment