July 7, 2014

Review: Kao Liese Prettia Hair Dye in Cassis Berry

Back in July 2013, I decided to take a big step for myself and dye my hair. My hair has been black for my entire life. I've always wanted to have crazy colored hair though, but my parents weren't the most accepting. There were many changes going on at the time (new job, relationship, school), I thought "why not get a new hair color while I'm at it?" I wanted to start small, I knew it wasn't easy to lighten black hair.

Enter the 
Kao Liese Prettia Hair Dye in Cassis Berry:


First off, I'm Asian and our hair is a bit thicker and different from Caucasian hair so I decided to go for an Japanese Box dye as opposed to one from the US.

One thing that I was always worried about was the damage on my hair. I love my hair texture. Shiny, healthy, and stick straight, I'd get compliments on it often. A couple years back, when I decided to cut my hair the hair dresser was shocked and tried to convince me not to because it was so nice. But enough of the rambling.

 I heard Prettia wasn't as damaging so that weighted in my decision. Also... Who can't resist the packaging? Too Cute.


Comes with:
Hair Dye
Developer in bottle
Foaming pump
Gloves
Conditioner

Directions:
Add the little black bottle(hair dye) to the Transparent bottle of Developer.
Cap it.
Do NOT shake. Gently flip upside down 5-6 times.
Replace white lid with pink pump.
Spread through hair.
Wait 30-40 minutes.
Wash and add Conditioner.


Liese Prettia in Cassis Berry: After

Excuse my picture in bottom right, I didn't like it, but it was a good hair color picture.

Kao Liese Prettia in Cassis Berry: Before and After

It turned into a dark somewhat neutral brown with slight pink tones. The change was barely noticeable in indoor lighting, no one actually even knew until I mentioned it. ^^; It is noticeable outdoors or in sunlight. Though considering I knew how I looked prior, it was generally noticeable to me. 

Positives:
Not damaging
Did lighten my hair.
Even color
The Foam was easy to use.

Negatives:
Smell. Has a chemical scent, but so does every hair dye.
Didn't turn out like the before/after picture on the box.

Overall:
4.5 out of 5
Did the job and didn't damaged my hair. Wasn't the color on the box, but was in the realm of it. I'd recommend it.

After wear:
I think it retained the color pretty well. The berry tint wore away a bit, but nothing bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment