August 26, 2012

Mini Review: Ulta Brand Mystic Collection

Here are some swatches and a first impressions of the Free Gift with purchase that I hauled last post. I wasn't holding any high hopes for this, but it wasn't all that bad.


 Silk, Gold Dust, Platinum, Granite

Silk - Shimmery champagne with white shimmer.  Good pigmentation.
Gold Dust - Dark brown with gold shimmer. Decent pigmentation.
Platinum - Shimmery grey/silver. Weak pigmentation, I had to build up the swatch.
Granite - Shimmery blue toned charcoal. Decent pigmentation.

 Iceland, Must Have, Eggplant, Eclipse

Iceland - Shimmery off-white. Decent pigmentation.
Must Have - Shimmery taupe. Decent pigmentation.
Eggplant - Satin plum. Decent pigmentation. 
Eclipse - Dark purple with pink shimmers. Reminiscent of Mac's Beauty Marked, I believe. Decent pigmenation.

Overall: Meh. The eyeshadow palettes are workable with a base, but they are powdery and a bit chalking. So fallout may be expected.



  Stellar, Good Year for Wine, Adore, Dark Brown, Black

#218 Good Year for Wine

Super Shiny Lip Gloss in #18 Stellar - Sheer berry mauve. Feels a tad thick and moisturizing , but not stick in the slightest. 
Lipcolor in #218 Good Year For Wine - Burgundy with a Pearl finish. Supper pigmented and glides on.
Cheek Color in Adore - Matte Berry with gold shimmers. Not the most pigmented, but still quite good.
Dual Ended Eye Liner pencil in Dark Brown/Black - Super creamy and pigmented. I haven't tested it out yet, but I have a feeling that it'll smudge.


 Indirect Sunlight

Direct Sunlight


Nail Lacquer in Femme Fatale - Vampy Plum with hidden coppery pink shimmer in the sunlight. The Formula is pretty amazing with this. It goes on so smoothly and takes 2-3 coats for full opacity.

Here is the rest of the Ulta gift with purchase.

Faux snake skin clutch - Pretty roomy.
Legendary Lengths Mascara - I have yet to use it since I want to finish up my other mascaras first.
Applicators - The eyeshadow brush is crap. If i were to use it it'd probably scratch up my eyelid. :/  The sponge tip's a sponge tip. The contour is super bluntly cut and a little scratchy, but I don't think it would be unbearable to use.
Instant Nourish Facial Moisturizer - I haven't tried it yet either.

No comments:

Post a Comment